Sunday, October 28, 2012

Catching Up


I haven't made any posts recently but we have done a few things.  For example, I went to the US and spent some time with Langston.  Here we are after running 10 miles to the summit of Spruce Knob from the cabin:


Not quite Paul Ryan but I'm working on it.

AnnaMaria displays more creativity than her parents.  Not that we set the bar very high:


Some local mtb riding:


There's lunch at the end of the road.  Look at Aimee go:



I forgot half my biking clothes.  It's easy to let things slide in my randy dottage.  Marc Gwadz came to visit.  I told him it would take an hour to make the ride up Spruce from 33 but he made it in 52 minutes.  So I am guilty of false advertisement.  As we shall see, if he comes to Bolivia we can find a hill that takes more than hour to climb.


Raul came along as well. He has a crushing power to weight ratio.  I started before Marc and Raul and, when they passed me, Raul rode with me for a kilometer or so.  Later, he referred to this brief period as "stopping" for a while.


Langston came to WV with his girlfriend, Sarah:


We contemplated the rocks:


Gentlemen of a certain age arrived:


We climbed rocks of even greater antiquity:


Chuck:


Leading Discrepancy at the Lower Slabs:


Farewell WV.




AnnaMaria takes the big slide:


Snowboarding:


More mtb:


AnnaMaria celebrated her birthday at the local spa:


I nearly expired from excessive exposure to pink:


Peace:


AM surveys the scene:


Emily is nonplussed:


More Emily:


Adriana looks askance:


Feral child:


The cake:


Brave theme:


Family:


Ready to skate:


Old people should only skate with caution:


New hobby:


Swimming:


At her second swim meet:


It was really hot in the natatorium:



We are proud of our swimmers:


Domestic times:


Here's where we ride horses:


AnnaMaria goes solo:


Looking pretty comfortable in the saddle:


Easy there, Bessy!


We had a party on my birthday and danced amidst the seasonal decor:


Aimee totally crushed the field at a 10 mile walkathon.  Heh.




No comments:

Post a Comment