Friday, August 19, 2011

A Little Bigger Walk Behind the House

So I picked up where I left off the other day and ran and walked up past the antennas to a ridge which I followed for a few miles to Muela del Diablo, a volcanic plug at 12,500' that is about 500' tall:

Apparently, there are some climbing routes on it which I will explore later. Another view of Valle de Las Animas. The upper grassy slopes look dreamy for mountain biking.

The other side of the ridge drops off to Mallasa. There is a trail that goes there from the Muela and I will check it out soon:

Illimani peeks between dirt rock formations:

Them that don't make it are the lucky ones:

Plenty of dirt rock around. Check out the little spire on the far left by double clicking the image:
A small cemetery:
There is actually a settlement at the base of the Muela with street lights:

Here is a school, I think:

I've got to get back to the bottom of the main road which out of site in this picture to get home:

Because it was downhill, I was able to run the whole way to make better time. Here is the road down:

It was very nice for running but a little hard on the thighs because of the grade:
A little lower on the road and here you can see the mtb trails that cut the switchbacks:

The cemetery at Pedregal:

I was pretty tired after 8 miles and 2.5 hours on the go:

Fortunately, the tienda had some cold Pacenas to help revive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment